Kick up the Curb Appeal!
It is the first impression a prospective buyer has of your home and also gives them an idea of what they might see inside your home, so you want to make a good impression right away. Curb appeal, or the outside appearance of your home can be what initially draws a prospective buyer to your home.
Giving the outside of your home a simple facelift or making a couple of key enhancements can make all the difference to the look of your home.
Here are a couple of tips, straight from Team Fitz on how to have great curb appeal:
- Clean up the outside of your home
- Repaint the outside of your house, shutters, trim, or front door if you notice stains, fading, or chips in the paint.
- Power washing vinyl siding or porches and decks will clean up any streaks, cobwebs, and other debris that builds up over time.
- Make a few simple enhancements
- A new mailbox, decorative light outside and house numbers can do wonders to spruce up the outside of your home.
- Make repairs if needed
- Examine the roof to see if any shingles need to be replaced.
- Make sure that the porch, railings, and any front steps are in good shape and are painted/clean.
- Take care of your front lawn
- Keep the grass mowed and neat and remove leaves and debris
- Prune bushes and trees
- Keep your garden from becoming overgrown
- Have flowers as a pop of color outside your home
- Pick up any toys, tools, etc., when they are not in use
Curb appeal is key to the appearance of the outside of your home. The way the outside of your house looks can make all the difference, especially when a prospective buyer is first interested in your home.